Why Are Logos Important?
Logos are often the first interaction customers will have with your business. A well-crafted logo will be memorable and can help begin to tell your brand’s story with just a few words or even a single image.
Aside from appearing on product packaging, logos can be strategically printed on a number of different surfaces to help promote your brand:
- Trade show giveaway bags
If you’re unsure about where to go to get your logo printed on your promotional material, consider enlisting the help of a professional print company.
What are The Different Types of Logos?
When most people see a logo, they don’t think twice about the design. In their eyes, it either looks good or it doesn’t. However, did you know that there are actually different types of logos?
Let’s take a look at four of the most common types of logos.
- Wordmarks – wordmarks are a type of logo made up of only text – no graphics or other visuals. These types of logos will often use bright colours and attractive fonts to captivate the viewer’s attention. The idea behind wordmarks is to keep the focus of the viewer solely on the brand name and not distract them with irrelevant graphics or designs.
- Brandmarks – a brandmark is used to visually illustrate your brand without the use of words. These types of logos are typically used by companies that have grown so large that everyone already knows their name. For example, if you see an apple with a bite out of it, you know that’s the logo for Apple. Or, a checkmark is easily identifiable as Nike’s logo.
- Combination marks – combination marks include both words and graphics. This is useful because it allows you to identify the name of your company (using words) but also use graphics to add a little more personality to your logo. With combination marks, you’ll often find that text is located underneath or above the graphic.
- Emblems – finally, emblems also incorporate text and graphics. However, unlike combination marks, the text is usually located inside the graphic – just think of the Starbucks logo.
What Should Your Logo Include?
Here are some of the basic design considerations you should make when designing your logo:
- Colour scheme – make sure your logo matches your brand colours.
- Simplicity – remember, logos are often printed on small surfaces. For this reason, try to keep your logo design simple and avoid using lots of text.
- Fonts – consider using the font that best represents the personality of your brand. For example, you’ll notice that a company like Toys ‘R’ Us uses large, playful blocky letters that illustrate the type of products they sell – toys.
Looking for Logo Design and Printing Services in Edmonton?
Budget Printing has the experienced staff and equipment needed to handle all of your logo and printing needs. Whether you already have a logo created and just need it printed on your promotional materials, or you’re looking to have a logo designed from scratch, we can help! Contact us today to learn more.