Terms & Conditions
Your Go-To Print Shop in Edmonton
Provided here for reference only. Any discrepancies between this web page and official documentation, paperwork, etc. will be presumed to defer to the latter.
1. QUOTATIONS —A quotation not accepted within thirty (30) days is subject to review. All quotations subject to acceptance and review when final copy received.
2. ORDERS —Orders regularly entered, verbal or written, cannot be cancelled except upon terms that will compensate the printer against loss.
3. DESIGN WORK —Design work performed at customer’s request, such as sketches, drawings, composition, plates, presswork and materials will be charged for at current rates and may not be used without the consent of the printer.
4. PREPARATORY WORK —Sketches, copy, dummies and all preparatory work created or furnished by the printer, shall remain his exclusive property and no use of same shall be made, nor any ideas obtained therefrom be used, except upon compensation to be determined by the printer.
5. CONDITION OF COPY —Estimates for typesetting are based on the receipt of:
a. original copy or manuscript clearly typed, double-spaced on 8½” x 11″ uncoated stock, one side only; or
b. compatible floppy disc or CD/DVD when transferred to hard copy in (a) above.
Condition of copy which deviates from this standard is subject to re-estimating and pricing review by the printer at time of submission of copy, unless otherwise specified in estimate.
6. PREPARATORY MATERIALS —Artwork, plates, negatives, positives and other items, when supplied by the printer, shall remain his exclusive property unless otherwise agreed in writing.
7. CUSTOMER FURNISHED MATERIALS —Paper stock, camera copy, film, colour-separations, and other customer furnished materials shall be manufactured, packed and delivered to printer’s specifications. Additional cost due to delays or impaired production caused by deficiencies or errors shall be charged to the customer. Camera ready artwork or plate ready film is subject to review upon receipt.
8. ALTERATIONS —Alterations represent work performed in addition to the original specifications. Such additional work shall be charged at current rates and be supported with documentation upon request.
9. PROOFS —Proofs shall be submitted with original copy. Corrections are to be made on “master” set, marked “OK” or “OK with corrections,” signed and returned by the customer. If revised proofs are desired, request must be made when proofs are returned. Printer regrets any errors that may occur through production undetected, but cannot be held responsible for errors if the work is printed per customer’s OK or if changes are communicated verbally. Printer shall not be responsible for errors if the customer has not ordered or has refused to accept proofs, or has failed to return proofs with indication of changes, or has instructed printer to proceed without submission of proofs.
10. PRESS PROOFS —Unless specifically provided in the printer’s quotation, press proofs will be charged for at current rates. An inspection sheet of any form can be submitted for customer approval, at no charge, provided customer is available at the press during the time of make-ready. Any changes, corrections or lost press time due to customer’s change of mind or delay will be charged for at current rates.
11. COLOUR PROOFING —Because of differences in equipment, paper, inks and other conditions between colour proofing and production press room operation, a reasonable variation in colour between colour proofs and the completed job shall constitute acceptable delivery. Special inks and proofing stock will be forwarded to customer upon request at current rates.
12. OVER-RUNS OR UNDER-RUNS —Over-runs and under-runs not to exceed 10% on quantities up to 10,000 copies and/or the percentage agreed upon over or under quantities ordered above 10,000 shall constitute acceptable delivery. Printer will bill for actual quantity delivered within this tolerance. If the customer requires guaranteed “no less than” delivery, percentage tolerance of overage must be doubled.
13. CUSTOMER’S PROPERTY —The printer will maintain fire, extended coverage, vandalism, malicious damage and sprinkler leakage insurance on all property belonging to the customer while such property is in printer’s possession. Printer’s liability for such property shall not exceed the amount recoverable from such insurance. Any computer-ready electronic files (CREF) shall be archived only at customer’s request. Film will be stored for up to six months and then destroyed if request for recovery is not made.
14. DELIVERY —Unless otherwise specified, the price quoted is for a single shipment, without storage, FOB local customer’s place of business or specifications distinctly state otherwise. Changes, related to delivery from customer to printer, or from customer’s supplier to printer are not included in any quotations unless specified. Special priority pickup or delivery service will be provided at current rates upon customer request. Materials delivered from customer of his suppliers are verified with delivery tickets as to cartons, packages or items shown only. The accuracy of quantities indicated on such tickets cannot be verified and printer cannot accept liability for shortage based on supplier’s tickets. Title for finished work shall pass to the customer upon delivery to carrier at shipping point, or upon mailing of invoices for finished work, whichever occurs first.
15. PRODUCTION SCHEDULES —Production schedules will be established and adhered to by customer and printer, provided that neither shall incur any liability or penalty for delays due to state of war, riot, civil disorder, fire, strikes, accidents, action of Government or civil authority and acts of God or other causes beyond the control of customer or printer.
16. TERMS —Payment shall be net cash or thirty (30) days from date of invoice to credit-approved customers unless otherwise provided in writing. Claims for defects, damages, shortages must be made by customer in writing within a period of fifteen (15) days after delivery. Failure to make such claim within the stated period shall constitute irrevocable acceptance and an admission that they fully comply with terms, conditions and specifications.
17. LIABILITY —Printer’s liability shall be limited to stated selling price of any defective goods, and shall in no event include special or consequential damages, including profits (or profit loss). As security for payment of any sum due to, or to become due under terms of any agreement, printer shall have the right, if necessary, to retain possession including work in process and finished work. The extension of credit, or the acceptance of notes, trade acceptances, or guarantee of payment shall not affect such security interest and lien.
18. INDEMNIFICATION —The customer shall indemnify and hold harmless the printer from any and all loss, cost, expense and damages on account of any and all manner of claims, demands, actions and proceedings that may be instituted against the printer on grounds alleging that the said printing violates any copyright or any proprietary right of any person, or that it contains matter that is libelous or scandalous, or invades any person’s right to privacy or other personal rights, except to the extent that the printer has contributed to the matter. The customer agrees at the customer’s own expense, to promptly defend and continue the defense of any such claim, demand, action or proceeding that may be brought against the printer, provided that the printer shall promptly notify the customer with respect thereto, and provide further that the printer shall give to the customer such reasonable time as exigencies of the situation may permit in which to undertake and continue the defense thereof.
19. SALES TAX —All estimates are subject to Goods and Services Tax (GST) unless certified or an exemption number is provided.