Whether you’re creating a sign for an upcoming promotion, custom t-shirts for an event, or labels for your company’s work equipment, graphic design is an important part of the process.
What is Graphic Design?
Graphic design is the art of using a combination of visuals, graphics, and colors, to help create aesthetically pleasing designs. Many businesses have great success using graphic designers to establish their brand image and differentiate themselves from competitors.
Research indicates that humans process visual information much faster than other types. This means that in order to capture attention, your brand must have an effective graphic design strategy.
Where can graphic design be applied?
There are a number of places where the use of a graphic design service may bring value to your brand. For example, graphic design can be used for:
- Packaging labels
- Digital Marketing
…and countless others.
Here are 10 statistics that show why graphic design is vital to the success of your small business’s marketing strategy.
- 92.6% of consumers say that color dimension is the key factor affecting their purchase decision. (kissmetrics)
- Color is a key factor in brand recognition. For example, the use of a signature color can increase brand recognition by 80%. (CrowdSpring)
- 60.8% of marketers claim that visuals are an integral piece of their marketing success. (Red)
- When people hear information, they’re likely to remember only 10% of that information three days later. However, if a relevant image is paired with that same information, people retained 65% of the information three days later. (Hubspot)
- 94% of users will leave a website with poor graphic design. (Red)
- 49% of digital marketers say that they use online tools or graphic design software to create visual content. On the other hand, 30% use inhouse designers, 11% use on-premise software like Adobe suite or numerous other tools and professional help, and 10% rely on freelance designers. (Venngage)
- Compared to black and white images, colored images catch the attention of viewers by 2 seconds more. (Apium Tech)
- Different people associate colors with different things. For example, 57% of consumers link blue with business success, 43% associate this color with reliability, 34% with trust, and 28% with security. (Nonstopsigns)
- Interestingly, 67% of small businesses think that the importance of graphic design to business success will grow exponentially in the next five years. (99 Designs)
- The human brain process visuals 60,000 times faster than it processes text. This is the reason why many brands add a visual or a glyph in their logo. (CrowdSpring)
Looking for Graphic Design Services in Edmonton?
Budget printing is Edmonton’s best source for custom graphic design services. They have several years worth of experience incorporating customer designs on signage, t-shirts, banners, and more. Contact them today to learn how they can help get your brand noticed with one of a kind visuals and graphics.